American Community Survey: Tools and links to data from the American
The American Community Survey is a nationwide survey designed to replace the
decennial long form in future censuses. Since the census is conducted only once
every 10 years, long-form information becomes out of date. The American
Community Survey is a way to provide this data every year instead of once in ten
years. Data from the American Community Survey is similar to the data from the
decennial census long form and includes demographic, housing, social, and
- ACS statistical significance spreadsheet: Tool to calculate statistical significance for the American Community Survey designed by New York State Data Center, February 14, 2011. (Excel spreadsheet with macros) | Software details
- ACS statistical significance spreadsheet 2: Tool to calculate statistical significance for the American Community Survey from the District of Columbia Office of Planning, March 13, 2007. (Excel spreadsheet with macros) | Software details
- American Community Survey homepage: information about the survey methodology, data products and using ACS data. Also includes links to download the Public Use Microdata (Link to offsite resources).
- American Community Survey Questionnaires: Sample of the forms used to collect data for ACS in each year (Link to offsite resources).
- Introduction to the 2009 American Community Survey 5-year data release: Powerpoint presentation on the ACS's background, methodology and use, December 13, 2010. (2.28 M, .ppt) | Presentation details
- Minnesota Income in the 2005 American Community Survey: Household and family income; income by race and ethnicity; income by age; earnings differences by education and gender; median income in cities and counties with more than 65,000 population, October 12, 2006. (146.43K, .pdf) | Report details
- New Census data show slight decline in poverty and uptick in health insurance coverage in Minnesota: American Community Survey shows Minnesota continues to outperform the nation, most states, September 19, 2013. (Media release)
- What recession? Social and economic indicators in the 2009 American Community Survey: Presentation from the November 18, 2010, Demography Brown Bag on data from the 2009 American Community Survey Data and how that data reflects the recession in Minnesota, November 23, 2010. (200.95K, .pdf) | Presentation details
A B C D E F G H I L M N O P R S T U V W Y Z